Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ten Totally Trivial Tidbits

  1. It's the end of the term, so I am swamped with writing papers. I'm thinking about publishing one of them here on the old blog--but it's like 12 pages long! Would anyone want to read it? It is on an interesting topic. It's about a French village that saved about 800 Jews, mostly children, by hiding them throughout the Nazi occupation.
  2. We discovered an amazingly wonderful Thai restaurant in Lyon. I'm SO happy about it!
  3. Our church has found a building to rent!!! We have some renovations to do to it, but hope to be able to move in in July. It's just a couple of blocks from the metro station, right in our neighborhood. Hip Hip Hooray!
  4. Major bonus about city living: the pets have been completely flea-free since our arrival in Lyon.
  5. David has started running with me. He has one rule. I'm not allowed to talk. He can run much faster than I can, but I can go further. So we take turns setting the pace, and in a few months we'll probably both be going further faster. 
  6. Graham is going to come HOME for the summer! And we are all four totally excited about it. The downside is he won't be able to work (He doesn't have a visa that allows him to get employment in France). So  we're praying for a great campus job for him for the next school year so that he'll be able to earn his share of his tuition. But getting to be together as a family for three whole months sounds so very super dreamy to me!
  7. Chan and David both have birthdays within the next six days, and I don't have a clue what to get them. Any ideas?
  8. I just saw that a forty year old gymnast from Uzbekistan qualified for the Olympics. Maybe there's hope for me yet....
  9. Spring is in the air, and sadly, in my sinuses. I hate allergies. But I love Spring. Why must they always go together?!?
  10. I'm currently accepting suggestions for good FICTION summer reading. Go!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read your paper!
    I'd suggest Ishmael and Self Raised by E.D.E.N. Southworth. Bit of a longer read, but hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS