Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, Graham!

As of today, I have an adult child. Graham is 18.

At lunch, he quoted one of our favorite authors, Mark Twain:
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Oh yes, he was trouble. And yes, I enjoyed it. Every challenge was a blessing, every struggle a joy. And while I know (tears glistening in my eyes) that motherhood doesn't end when children reach adulthood, there is a strange feeling of accomplishment in seeing one's offspring come of age.

He is wise, and honest, and practical, and real. And most of all, he is ready.

I love you, my bug. It's an honor to be your mom. You are the answer to the longest prayer I ever prayed. And in every way you are immeasurably more than all I asked or imagined. I'm thankful for the miracle God gave us in you.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Graham. Congratulations Jenn and David. As your grandparents, we too, count on your adulthood to be yet another blessing to all!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS