Friday, July 12, 2013

Blatherings

This is one of those rare days when I think I *should* blog, but I don't really have anything to blog about. Which is fair warning that what follows may not be worth reading. Proceed at your own risk.

I checked my blog stats the other day day and discovered that Four for France has quite a following in Russia. I'm like the David Hasselhof of Moscow.Well, not really.

Today Chandler checked the stats of an online video game and discovered that Black-Ops enthusiasts have (virtually) killed 197% of the world's (actual) population. I have no idea how many of those enthusiasts are from Russia, but three of them live in my house.

I am thinking of entering a Tyndale Publishing writing competition, but  have to have a book proposal ready by August 1 to do so. I have an absolute God-send-of-a-friend helping me, but I'm still not sure I can meet that deadline. Plus--newsflash!--writing a book is hard! Who knew?

As I spend hours everyday writing/editing/staring blankly at the computer screen, I find that I exhaust my verbal resources for the day. And I get uncharacteristically quiet. It turns out that if I don't talk during dinner, no one does. I knew I was the biggest talker in my family. I now suspect that I may be the only talker in my family.

We have a young, smart, vibrant French girl staying with us through the weekend. She has just finished her university studies and is seeking the Lord's will for her next steps. Through a friend of a friend, she heard about the church planting training center in Loches and is considering  joining us in the fall. I think she would be an awesome addition to a church planting team, so I'm finding it hard to pray unbiased prayers on her behalf! 

I am SO ready for the weekend. Sadly Gemma does not do a good job of observing the Sabbath. She wakes up at 6 am on Saturday just like every other day of the week. She's a perfect heathen! 

Well, folks, that's all I've got. My head is pounding, words are slurring in my head, and I have got to get away from the keyboard. Love and blessing to you--and  for all mu Russian friends, Спокойной ночи.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS