Saturday, August 4, 2012

All About 'cha

My dear niece, Sarah, tagged me in one of those fun blog questionnaires. It works like this: I get to answer the questions and then at the end, I pass them along to some fellow blog writers. If you don't write a blog, I'd still love to know your responses! You can send them to me in a e-mail if you want. Because, well, inquiring minds want to know!

Here it goes:

1. What color are your socks right now?
I'm barefooted. But normally, (meaning, if I weren't too lazy to go get them), I'd be wearing pink, orange, and black striped slipper-socks. Actually I firmly believe that socks should be multicolored if at all possible. The brighter the better--which is the exact opposite of how I feel about anything worn above the knee. 


2. What are you listening to right now?
Video games, boys chatting, the toilet flushing, and my stomach growling.

3. What was the last thing you ate?
A golden delicious apple and some goat cheese.

4. Can you drive a stick shift?
Easy peasy. Dad made me learn on a stick shift. I actually prefer one. It makes driving more interesting.

5. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Graham. He called me when I was on my to market to ask if I could get him a Monster.


6. How old are you today?
I am 41 years old today, same as yesterday. But in 1987 I was 16. That is a really weird question! Why does it specify 'today'? Today as opposed to when? Tomorrow? 

7. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Not handball. Or Judo. Those are two sports in the Olympics that the French show ad nauseum, and to the exclusion of more spectator-friendly sports like, say, gymnastics and tennis. But my favorite  sports to watch when the Olympics are not on are football (in the States) and football (in France)--which happen to be two very different sports.

8. What is your favorite drink?
Hot black tea, with milk and sugar. And water.

9. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Do highlights count?

10. What is your favorite food?
Today? This question (as opposed to the age question) should end with the word 'today!' My favorite food today is Caramel Magnum Bars. Yesterday it was David's homemade pizza. Tomorrow it will most likely be a sheep cheese.

11. Do you sing in the shower?
Not on purpose.

12. Favorite day of the year?
In the States, Thanksgiving is my favorite day because it includes three of my favorite things: family, food, and football. In France, I think I like Easter Monday the best. 

13. What is one place you want to visit?
One place I'd like to visit TODAY is my mama's house. I'd eat some of Dad's fresh grown veggies, sleep in a bed with sheets that were most likely dried outside on a clothesline, and beg for the right to work the crossword puzzle in the Sunday paper.


14. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Fisher Price Little People, aka my "Sallys." My favorite imaginary friend was Rover. Well, actually, he was my only imaginary friend. But thankfully, not my only friend.

15. What is your favorite season?

I really love each one! I love that God thought up the idea of seasons, and that the changes are both rhythmic and beautiful,  predictable and strange, connected and distinct.

Well that does it for me. Did you learn anything new? Would you like to join the fun?

I'd  like to tag my friend Peggy at Coffee at my Home, my friend Debbie at Everyday Blessings, and my niece Emily at A Bend in my Road.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading all your answers! And yes-yes-yes about socks! They should always be happy-colored. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS