Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Like Moths on a Flame

Well folks, Jennifer Williamson is finally, officially FREAKING OUT!

The peace of God, which is supposed to be ruling my heart, is in there somewhere. I feel its warmth and light in my core. But I am not sure it is RULING.

The stresses of these final days swarm like moths on that light. Shadows flutter, dark winds blow. They plan a mutiny--the Army of Anxiety ambushes my soul.

Will peace win the day?

When peace like a river attendeth my soul
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well! It is well, with my soul."

Oh yes, my soul is well. My redeemer lives and my eternity is secure. I am loved. What more could I possibly need?
  • Well, $10,000, for starters. Our outgoing expenses are expected to reach $64,000...and we currently have $54,000.
My family is well. We are healthy and happy. I have a husband who adores me and two sons that bless me daily. What more could I possibly need?
  • I need about $250 in monthly support pledges. We currently have $8150 in monthly pledges, and these supporters are giving faithfully. We are SO grateful. But we are expected to need close to $8400/month to live in France.
I am surrounded by dear friends, a community of faith, and a cat who doesn't have a worry in the world. What more could I possibly need?
  • I need the title for David's motorcycle to arrive in Norfolk, Virginia in time for our shipping container to leave the country as scheduled. It was supposed to be there on Friday, but apparently the Washington State DMV just mailed it today.
So you see, in the BIG things, in the things that really matter, I have peace. But those moth-like worries of this world... they are swarming.

What are your moths? Can I pray for God's peace to RULE in your heart? Will you pray the same for me?

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Col.3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS