Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Under a Cloud

Grumpy.

Anxious.

Suddenly sad for no apparent reason.

Sleep alludes me.

Pout. Pout. Pout.

Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. Psalm 73:25

Cry during worship at Bible Study.

Cry during prayer at the end.

Should have joy.

Should have peace.

Beat self down for having neither.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Look for Jesus.

Listen for His voice.

Depend on His goodness.

Believe in His faithfulness.

Gratitude, despite the cloud.

But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge. Psalm 73:28a

4 comments:

  1. Been there. I didn't get the t-shirt simply because I've revisited enough times that I always put it off, figuring "I'll get it next time." You know?

    I'm lifting you up in prayer, Sister. Sometimes these seasons come on the eve of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, thank you for your tender vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you, and i thank you too for your open heart..jen (it won't recognize my account today???)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just made my eyes well up....that post hit me too close to home--not right now, but definitely a place I have been before. I'm glad that I know how to specifically pray for you today.:-)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS