Saturday, October 31, 2009

Like Water to a Thirsty Soul

I am still living in Spangle--squarely situated on American soil.

But my heart longs for Europe, where God has called me to serve Him.

I am especially "homesick" for France today, since we were THERE at this time last year.

But just when I was becoming parched in my waiting, God sent a gentle rain in the most unexpected way. This week I was asked by an associate with GEM to review two grants that she was writing for programs in Kosovo.

I cannot tell you how thrilling it was to participate in God's kingdom work in Europe from my cozy home in Spangle.

By this small opportunity to engage in a very practical effort abroad, my soul is refreshed, re-inspired, and reminded that God has not forgotten I am here--and wanting to be there.

Oh how He loves me!

The really funny thing is, I have been recently asking God to show Himself to me. You know, not in a "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" general way; but in a "His Eye is on the Sparrow" personal way. I wanted (needed?) to know that He was aware of ME.

Yes, I know He has a universe to control. Meteors, raging wars, and people in genuine dire straits are just a few of the larger issues that should clearly trump my self-centered little demand for attention.

But my Father in heaven is big enough, and loving enough, and God enough to manage the big stuff AND hear the whimper of my small heart. A small heart that, though weak and inconsistent, beats for my Father.

He is, indeed, The God Who Sees Me. (Gen. 16:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS