Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Okay, Seriously, I AM FINE!

I ran into a few friends today. Each one looked at me with sympathetic eyes, tilted her head, and asked "How are you doing?" as if she were certain that I was about to burst into tears.

I actually had a hard time convincing them that I was okay, because, you know, they read my blog.

Now I realize that I have not exactly been all sunshine and roses around here lately, but I hope I have not been "doom and gloom" either.

Would you rather I kept the hard stuff to myself? Because I could do that. I still own a leather-bound journal and a pen, so I could just pour my heart out on paper, like I did in the past, and spare you the details.

The truth is, it has been a rough couple of weeks. We have been challenged in new ways, stretched in new directions, and pushed beyond our limits. And I tend to tell it like it is.

But our faith is strong, our hearts are encouraged, and our God is big. We have hope and peace in the midst of it. That doesn't make everything easy, but it means that even when things are hard, we are okay. We are all right in the depths of our beings, where we know that our lives are resting securely in the hands of a very capable God.

Here's the thing...for me, things can be HARD and HAPPY all at the same time. I actually find joy in the journey, even the uphill, stormy, wind-in-your-face parts of the journey. I like a challenge. However, by definition, a challenge is HARD.

Pray for us. Cheer us on. Relate your stories of victory and defeat. Declare the goodness of God. Thank Him for what He is doing IN us and FOR us and THROUGH us.

But in the words of the famous Evita, "Don't cry for me, Argentina!"

2 comments:

  1. No--I do not want you to keep it to yourself. I love it. All of it. The reality of your life is good, your honesty is great, your words are insightful, and faith is amazing. We are blessed to be a part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it real Jenn! but do send on DR's pizza crust recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS