Friday, October 31, 2008

I Fried my Hair

I'm sporting a new look here in France--French Fried Hair. Not Pretty. When I first plugged in my flattening iron (using the converter) it sparked and then the indicator lights on it went out. I figured it was a goner, and I would be wearing my hair with its natural curl being ever emphasized by the humid air. But the next day, after explaining to David my problem with the flattening iron, he tried to plug it in. The indicator lights did not come on, but he noticed that it was still getting hot. Aha! So I went to iron my hair, but something smelled really weird. The only available mirror in the apartment was in a hallway with no lights, so I was sort of working blind. "Hmmm," I thought, continuing to scorch my hair, "I wonder what that horrible odor is." Suddenly I saw smoke coming out of he end of the flattening iron. Not a good thing. I quickly unplugged it and took it to David. It was then that I got a clear glimpse of my reflection. My hair was all crinkly and brittle. I had hoped that after washing it, it would be healed, but that apparently was a pipe dream. Today, after washing and drying, it is still frizzy and brittle. Of course, only half of my hair looks like this, since I stopped when I saw smoke. Half French Fried Hair--a new look I will import to the USA. Do you think it will catch on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS